ABBEY WOOD STATION
E&P Design Support and Consultancy Services
In partnership with Permarail Ltd, Navitas Engineering is currently engaged by Balfour Beatty Rail to provide design and consultancy services, throughout the design and building phases of the new Abbey Wood station and wider Crossrail South East Section, incorporating the d.c. North Kent Lines and the new a.c. Crossrail Lines.
The scope of works and activities to date are as follows:
- Risk assessments for the lightning protection of bridges and station structures;
- Extensive electrical clearance assessments;
- Preparation of guidance notes on the earthing and bonding of platform furniture and bridges in the station and the wider area;
- Guidance on the earthing and bonding of a.c. and d.c. trackside plant;
- Preparation of detailed, staged earthing and bonding schematics;
- Preparation of risk assessments for specific items of platform furniture/equipment;
- Development of an Earthing Management Plan.