Protection and Control Design Support
Navitas Engineering has been commissioned by the ABB/UK Power Networks Services Consortium to provide on going support with the Protection & Control GRIP 5 Design for the substations commissioned as part of the Great Western Main Line Electrification Project.
The scope of works and activities to date are as follows:
• Technical review of protection and control specification;
• Technical review of scheme logic and protection setting inputs;
• Technical assessment of the current transformer requirements and specifications;
• Development of high impedance busbar protection settings;
• Review and development of site specific and IED specific distance protection settings;
• Development of generic and site specific IED protection setting mask file templates and Form Bs;
• Technical support at working group meetings and IDC reviews.