DEA DC Traction Power – GRIP 3
Navitas Engineering was commissioned by UK Power Networks Services to carry out the GRIP 3 Option Selection for the Thameslink traction changeover system located in the Farringdon area. Our work included a comprehensive option assessment of the arcing mitigation solutions.
The Option Selection Report comprised:
• A detailed analysis of the performance requirements of the dual electrified area;
• A comprehensive assessment of the options against a range of criteria;
• Whole life cost estimates;
• Further exploration of the recommended option for development at GRIP 4;
• A proposed strategy for development of the recommended option.